6 Kid-Friendly Kitchen & Baths
Posted on August 30, 2012 by jlamberski
Clean, comfortable and fun. These are usually the priorities when designing a home around kids. But with today’s innovative storage solutions, technologically advanced materials and custom design options, there’s no reason why a family home can’t have a designer look. Here are our ideas for 6 design solutions that can help you achieve beautiful kitchens and baths that are also kid-friendly.
1. Keep Them Close: Ensure there is plenty of counter space with a large kitchen table or island where kids can draw or do homework while you work in the kitchen.
2. Encourage Creativity: Use chalk paint to create a fun message and drawing board.
3. Invite Their Friends: Banquettes and booth seating are perfect for kid-friendly kitchens because they can always fit more little bodies.
4. Give Them a Boost: Add a custom pull-out stepping stool for easy sink access.
5. Keep it in Reach: Opt for lots of open storage; this will also make the bathroom feel more spacious.
6. Let Them Splash: All-tile walls and a large, step-in shower let kids enjoy bath time while keep clean-up easy and stress free.
The certified designers at Kitchen Distributors in Colorado can help you make the design decisions that will leave you with a beautiful family home that meets your household’s needs while reflecting your individual personalities. Learn more about our interior design services by contacting Kd. in Denver and Littleton at 888.460.4496.
Photos via Houzz