8 Features to Include in Your Classic Kitchen Design
Posted on February 25, 2013 by kitchendistributors
With so much time spent in the kitchen, this essential room can set the tone for your entire home. For those that prefer a more traditional and timeless look, you can’t go wrong with a classic kitchen design. Outlined below are some of the basic traits of a classic kitchen courtesy of Houzz:
- Neutrally colored cabinetry: A classic kitchen design generally has white or cream cabinetry to give the room a fresh look.
- Simplicity: When it comes to architectural details, a classic kitchen typically does not include ornate and over-the-top finishings.
- Honed black countertops: Absolute black granite is a popular choice.
- Marble countertops: White marble countertops such as Cararra and Calacatta compliment a classic kitchen well.
- White subway tile: Regardless of the style, 3×6 white subway tile is the most traditional choice.
- Simple cabinet doors: The two most traditional cabinet door styles are a simple shaker door and a shaker door with a bead moulding.
- Mixing stained and painted cabinetry offers a nice twist on style while still maintaining a classic look.
- Adaptable: A classic kitchen can easily transition into a more eclectic one by adding a vintage piece.
To design your dream classic kitchen, contact Kitchen Distributors at 888-460-4496 today!