How To Create a Kitchen Design That Works
Posted on October 21, 2010 by meaton
Our recent Colorado Award for Remodeling Excellence demonstrates how to create a kitchen design that works. Here are some details about each winning kitchen remodel to help identify your needs whether you’re dreaming of a chef’s kitchen or basic kitchen:
“Table Mesa” Chef’s Kitchen Remodel 1st Place, Kitchen Standard Category
- Located at the center of the home with easy access to family, dining, and living room.
- Adjacent scullery provides extra space for food prep and storage.
- Maple floors and trim match cherry-veneer-and-graphite-grey cabinetry.
- White-glass backsplash cabinets and stainless steel toekicks and appliances provide contrast and transition from the wood.
- Walls were removed and windows added to bring in more natural light and create a sense of openness.
“Glass Residence” Basic Kitchen Remodel 3rd Place, Kitchen Basic Category
- Contemporary, minimal design, the removal of existing walls and beams, and recessed walls create a large living space and adequate storage.
- Centered cooktop and sink placement highlights architecture.
- Center island and warming drawers make entertaining easier.
- In-kitchen provides the convenience of cooking and eating in one space.
Have a kitchen design dilemma? Let us know by leaving a comment, and we will respond with a suggestion. Kitchen Distributors can help you create a kitchen design that works for your lifestyle and preferences.