Kitchen Design Trends for 2012
Posted on December 27, 2011 by jlamberski
The kitchen is the new living room. Although more and more Americans are eating at home, their kitchens are no longer just for cooking and eating. Since the kitchen is quickly becoming the hub of the home and the center of all activities and gatherings, designers are approaching this space with even more mindfulness of interior design and fashion trends. A smart layout is now just a part of the equation rather than the driving force of today’s kitchens, which are now presented with endless design options inspired by individual personal styles.
Adapted from the new Kitchen Trends 2012 video featured on the Colorado Homes & Lifestyles website, here are some of the trends to look out for in the kitchen design industry in the coming New Year.
- Bold backsplashes with fashion forward colors and tile designs such as oversized patterns in metallic
- Pendant lighting with clean, crisp lines
- Comfortable seating such as upholstered chairs
- Worn, weathered wood such as farm tables or reclaimed wood cabinetry
- Traditional touches such as warm, vintage lighting or bronze finishes
- Sustainable materials and energy-efficient, consolidated appliances
- Contemporary and modern designs with natural materials