Look-Up: Vaulted Ceilings in Kitchens
Posted on April 19, 2013 by kitchendistributors
Vaulted ceilings are perfect for making any room feel larger and more open. If your kitchen has a vaulted ceiling, do all you can to take advantage of the extra height by incorporating some of the following classic kitchen design ideas.
- Install extra tall cabinets to increase storage space to avoid filling up the garage or basement. This is especially useful for smaller homes.
- Increase lighting naturally with a skylight, large picture window or high round window. Increase directional light with pendant lighting to illuminate work areas.
- Highlight your vaulted ceiling, and define the room with dark stained wooden beams.
- Embrace French country style by making the most of your extra wall space. You can hang a pot rack above the island without the kitchen becoming cluttered, or you can display attractive kitchen items on tall shelves.
- Set up your seating area just beyond the meal preparation area to socialize with guests while you work. The high ceilings will prevent the room from feeling crowded.
image via Kitchen Distributors