Kd. President Tom Hartman Reveals Most Common Mistakes in Kitchen Remodels
Posted on January 12, 2012 by jlamberski
In a recent article, Tom Hartman told Colorado Urban Home Magazine what mistakes homeowners commonly make when remodeling kitchens. With extensive experience as a certified kitchen designer and president of Kd., Hartman has found that one of the most common regrets for homeowners is underestimating the role of the kitchen in the household when making home upgrades. Based on the article, here are the other tips that Hartman suggests to consumers in order to ensure a successful kitchen remodel.
- When budgeting, remember the kitchen should represent 10% to 20% of your home’s value.
- The biggest portion of your budget should go towards upgrading to quality cabinets that will not wear out or outdate quickly.
- Create a realistic schedule for your kitchen remodel takes into account delivery of custom cabinetry (at least 12 weeks).
- Let your designer help you make the decisions that will result in a timeless kitchen as opposed to a trendy kitchen.
- Make initial wiring for lighting a priority to correctly plan for all three types of fixtures: overhead, task and ambiance.